GS Student Life provides engagement opportunities for GS students to facilitate connections for students with faculty, alumni, and staff; to learn about professional opportunities; to explore New York City and New York State; and to support specific populations at GS.
GS Mid-Semester Success Series
The Mid-Semester Success Series, created by GS students, is designed to give students an opportunity to address areas of personal growth, wellness, and community building in preparation to enter the second half of the semester both energized and equipped to reach their potential.
The committee of student organizers, which includes GS undergraduates and Postbac Premed students, strives to provide a diverse series of programming valuable to students at various stages in their academic and professional careers. The series is planned in collaboration with GS Student Life and the GS Academic Resource Center (ARC). The series occurs at the end of October during the fall semester and at the end of February in the spring semester.
GS Student Life hosts a series of programs to encourage GS student to engage with faculty members outside of the classroom. Programs include:
- Student-Faculty Dinner
- Student-Faculty Cocktail Reception
- Student-Faculty Lunch Program
Student-Alumni & Pre-Professional Programs
GS Student Life hosts a series of programs in collaboration with GS Alumni Relations and the Center for Career Education (CCE) to encourage GS student to engage with and learn from the experiences of GS Alumni, and to explore various professional career paths. Programs include:
- The Art of Networking with GS Alumni
- International Alumni Panel & Reception
- The Art of Networking with International GS Alumni
- Dinner & Discussion Series with GS Alumni
- Joint CCE & GS Major Advising
GS Student Life hosts a series of programs to encourage GS student to engage with GS staff members outside of the traditional office setting.
New York City & New York State Excursions
GS Student Life hosts a variety of events that encourage students to explore New York City and the State of New York. Programs include:
- Annual Fall Apple & Pumpkin Picking Trip
- Broadway Shows
- Annual Spring Theme Park Trip
Population Specific Support
GS Student Life hosts programs and events to promote inclusion and support specific populations at GS (including, but not limited to, Postbac Premed students, Dual BA and Joint program students, international students, veteran students, and more). Programs include:
- Veterans Day Luncheon and Programs for student veterans
- International Alumni Panel & Reception and The Art of Networking with International GS Alumni for international students
- Dual BA & Joint Program Mixer for students in the Joint Dual BA Program Between Sciences Po and Columbia University, the Dual BA Program between Trinity College Dublin and Columbia University, the Joint Bachelor's Degree Program between City University of Hong Kong and Columbia University, and the Joint Program between the Jewish Theological Seminary and Columbia University
- Student-Alumni Networking Reception for Postbac Premed students
- Students of Color Heritage Months and Identity Based Leadership Retreat
- LGBTQ Students Heritage Month and programs for queer students on campus
All events will be advertised via the GS newsletter. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.