Veterans Request for Certification

In addition to completing the online application, students must complete the Veterans Request for Certification each term in order to continue receiving VA benefits.

New students should submit their VA Certificate of Eligibility to or fax it to the GS Office of Educational Financing at 212-854-6316.

Full Name
If you do not know your UNI, you may search for or activate it on the CUIT website.
Your CUID number may be found in SSOL.
Enrollment Status
Term Requested for Certification
Which session(s) are you registered for?
Will you be enrolled in the Columbia University Student Health Insurance Plan?
Learn more about the benefit programs here. You must apply for each of these benefits with the VA. If you have not done so already, visit VONAPP and submit your application for benefits to the VA.
You are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program if you are 100% eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33). To be 100% eligible, you must have served at least three years of aggregate active duty service after September 11, 2001 and have been honorably discharged.

You must apply for New York's Tuition Assistance Program to be eligible for these benefits.

Note: Students using Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) are ineligible to apply for VTA or TAP.

I understand that in order to comply with Veterans Administration (VA) regulations, Columbia University must submit registration, and at times, academic progress reports to VA. Furthermore, I understand that any changes in my registration status or enrollment (e.g., add, drop, withdrawal) may affect VA benefit amounts, and as a result, other financial aid I receive or any balance owed to VA. I further understand that if my enrollment changes I am responsible for submitting a revised copy of this form reflecting the changes. Finally, I understand that I am responsible for any outstanding balance on my student account that is not covered by VA benefits.