The Columbia Business School is seeking a student to assist a visually impaired Professor teaching in the Management Division. The student will be responsible for the daily management and operation of the academic and project needs required by the Professor. The student will work independently as well as in conjunction with other key stakeholders to meet departmental objectives. S/he will collaboratively work with various senior level faculty, staff, and students across the school.
- Managing all administrative needs for the Professor including, serving as the point of communications contact for all high level inquires via email and phone, daily scheduling, maintaining calendar, preparation of travel itinerary, etc
- Receiving, reviewing and making appropriate disposition of correspondence, using independent judgment and initiative
- Coordinating high level meetings, high level domestic and international events, and conferences calls, on behalf of the Professor
- Acting as a guide for the professor while in the working environment. Facilitating all interaction and communication.
- Reading research related materials aloud, converting materials in readable text and organizing them
- Working with the Professor to take dictation, write, edit, format and proofread high level correspondence on behalf of the Professor, using independent judgement and attention to detail
- Managing and maintaining all materials for lecture related presentations
- Managing the academic activities of the Professor. Assigning class materials to administrative assistants for class preparation, managing contacts list, and project folders.
- Managing classroom setup, reading course materials aloud, providing information on board or overhead.
- Working with the Financial Planning Office and the Professor, responsible for processing and overseeing specific aspects of the Professor’s expense budget; preparing, tracking and maintaining related records
- Conducting library and electronic research when required on behalf of the Professor
- Performing related duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent
- 0 - 2 years related experience
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Office
- Able to travel
- Familiar with campus and surrounding areas
Part-time, 30 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work required.
Applicants must include a cover letter highlighting qualifications relevant to the specific position.