Share your experiences, exchange career tips and build your professional network in the arts - all online! Virtual booths will allow you to chat with people in your field. You will be able to switch booths one time during the event.
No matter where you are in the world, you can participate. Online chats will allow you to make connections, ask questions, and share advice. Best of all, you'll end the session with new connections you didn't have before. You never know who you might meet.
Booths will include:
Theatre, Music, Dance, & Performing Arts Administration – Theatre professionals work in acting, directing, dramaturgy, playwriting, stage management, design, theatre management, and producing. Careers in music include composition, ethnomusicology, historical musicology, music theory, sound art, and music performance. Dance professions include dancer, dance instructor, choreographer, dance therapist, and dance company manager.
Visual Arts & Arts Administration - Artists, art historians, gallerists deal with work in a variety of mediums that include digital media, drawing, installation, moving image, painting, photography, performance, printmaking, sound art, and sculpture. Arts administrators take care of the business operations for arts institutions that include marketing, fundraising/development, education, board management, patron services, and financial management.
Creative Writing - This group includes writers, editors, and literary agents who work in literary genres including fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction.
Film & Television - Careers in film and television include screenwriting, directing, creative producing, acting, editing, scriptwriting, film and media studies, and more.
Architecture and Design - This group includes construction and building inspectors, construction managers, drafters, industrial designers, interior designers, landscape architects, and more.
How It Works
- Be sure to register for the event in advance.
- On the day and time of the event, log in and join the live session. You will receive log-in details 24 hours and two hours before the event.
- All you need is a computer— you can sign in from anywhere!
- Chats are text-based (no video) and timed (10 minutes)
- Once you enter the live event, you will arrive in the virtual "Lobby." Click "View" to enter a booth, and make your status "Available" when you're ready to begin chatting. Next, go to the "Dashboard" located in the top right corner to see the chats come through.
- You'll have the option to chat with up to three people at one time.
- After the event, you can revisit the event dashboard to view your connections, chat transcripts, and follow-up notes.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.