GS Student Lounge
GS Student Lounge
The General Studies Lounge, on the 3rd floor of Lewisohn Hall, serves as a gathering place for students and is the venue for many GS events. The GS Lounge contains computer terminals with printers and provides GS students with a space to study as well as socialize. Many GS Student Life and GSSC events are held in the GS Lounge.
The Lounge is a welcoming place for GS students to work and relax any time of the day while at the School of General Studies. For any comments or questions about the GS Lounge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer stations with printing capabilities.
- Printing services from your personal laptop with the NINJa Printing System.
- Long tables for solo and group studying.
- Comfortable large chairs for lounging and socializing.
- Hole punch and staplers courtesy of GS Student Life.
- LCD Information Screen, to stay up to date on all GS-related events and topics.
The lounge is open to all GS students with a Columbia ID 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The GS Student Lounge can be accessed using a Columbia ID. When entering, always be mindful of who is coming in after you. For your safety and the safety of your belongings and others, remain vigilant.
Please be mindful of the GS Lounge custodial staff. The following schedule has been selected for weekly cleaning. Your patience during these times is greatly appreciated:
- Sunday through Thursday – anytime between 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Friday – Trash pickup anytime between 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
On occasion, the lounge will be closed for maintenance and private events. Closing dates are always announced in advance via the Lounge LCD screen and the screens located in the Lewisohn Hall lobby. Closings are also announced via the GS newsletter and the GS News and Announcements section of the GS website.