- Becoming an Orientation Leader and sharing your experiences with incoming students
- Joining the General Studies Student Council and impacting the GS community by planning social and academic events, enacting policies that benefit GS students, and collaborating with other student organizations and the University administration
- Volunteering to be a member of the Senior Week committee and planning exciting events for the graduating class
- Serving as a Junior Marshal to assist with the graduation ceremony at GS Class Day
- Becoming a GS Student Life volunteer
Student Life Volunteers
Throughout the academic year, GS Student Life and the Dean of Students Office host a variety of events for the GS community in which Student Life volunteers may be involved. These events include GS Planning Day, New Student Orientation, meet & greets, alumni events, memorials, Senior Week, and Graduation. Through their service, volunteers have the opportunity to develop relationships with new and current students and administrators, as well as to foster a welcoming community for GS students.
This position is ideal for students that want to get involved at GS but cannot commit to an intensive leadership position, as there are a variety of involvement opportunities available with varying time commitments. Volunteers are notified about involvement opportunities via email and are able to volunteer on an event-by-event basis.
- Must be a GS student
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Must be punctual, dependable, and energetic
- Must possess school spirit and be proud to be a GS student
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you have any questions regarding the GS Student Life volunteer position or about the application please email GS Student Life.
NOTE: If you have previously served as a GS Orientation Leader or Junior Marshal, you are already a member of the GS Student Life Volunteers mailing list.