- Becoming an Orientation Leader and sharing your experiences with incoming students
- Joining a GS student club and impacting the GS community by planning social and academic events, enacting policies that benefit GS students, and collaborating with other student organizations and the University administration
- Volunteering to be a member of the Senior Week committee and planning exciting events for the graduating class
- Serving as a Junior Marshal to assist with the graduation ceremony at GS Class Day
- Becoming a GS Student Life volunteer
Student Life Volunteers
Throughout the academic year, GS Student Life and the Dean of Students Office host a variety of events for the GS community in which Student Life volunteers may be involved. These events include GS Planning Day, New Student Orientation, meet & greets, alumni events, memorials, Senior Week, and Graduation. Through their service, volunteers have the opportunity to develop relationships with new and current students and administrators, as well as to foster a welcoming community for GS students.
This position is ideal for students that want to get involved at GS but cannot commit to an intensive leadership position, as there are a variety of involvement opportunities available with varying time commitments. Volunteers are notified about involvement opportunities via email and are able to volunteer on an event-by-event basis.
- Must be a GS student
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Must be punctual, dependable, and energetic
- Must possess school spirit and be proud to be a GS student
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you have any questions regarding the GS Student Life volunteer position or about the application please email GS Student Life.
NOTE: If you have previously served as a GS Orientation Leader or Junior Marshal, you are already a member of the GS Student Life Volunteers mailing list.