Student Employment

Student Employment

Students often find part-time employment necessary as a means to meet a portion of their educational expenses. Many students will be eligible for the Federal Work-Study Program, which is based on financial need. Those who are not eligible may seek employment through the Center for Career Education, which has an extensive listing of available jobs both on campus and in the city.

Students interested in part-time work during the academic year or part- or full-time work during the summer may research employment options at the Center, located in East Campus, or online. Center for Career Education facilities are available to all registered students. International students with permission to work (consult the International Students and Scholars Office to verify eligibility) may also use the employment services.

Federal Work-Study Program

The Federal Work-Study Program is a federal aid program for students in need of financial assistance. Part-time jobs are available during the academic year and may be available in the summer. In order to receive a work-study award, students must complete the FAFSA and have financial need as determined by the results of the FAFSA.

U.S. citizens and permanent residents should verify their eligibility for the program by consulting a GS financial aid counselor in 408 Lewisohn before applying to the Office of Student Employment. Job openings for students awarded work-study may be researched at the Student Financial Services Federal Work-Study Search page.

For more information about the Federal Work-Study Program, contact the Work-Study Office.