The GS Resident Advisors (RAs) provide support to all GS students living in University Apartment Housing. RAs help facilitate a positive living and academic environment through the following initiatives:
- Serving as a peer resource for residents
- Developing a sense of community among residents
- Building relationships with the residents in the community
- Assisting residents in developing relationships with each other
- Educating residents on the policies and procedures of GS Housing and University Apartment Housing (UAH)
- Holding residents accountable for their behavior
- Promoting student involvement in University activities
- Helping to facilitate an environment that fosters academic success
- Providing helping skills for residents in need
Meet the Resident Advisors
As your RAs, we are your resource to help manage housing concerns like roommate issues and facilities questions, as well as to help you better navigate Columbia and New York City. Please feel free to send us an email to learn more about monthly resident events or just to say hi.
My name is Ellie Frith and the 2018-2019 school year will be my third year at Columbia, and my first as a Resident Advisor. I grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina, and spent several years as a professional ballet dancer before coming to GS. I am pursuing a degree in political science and statistics, but stay involved in the arts by dancing with Columbia Ballet Collaborative, a student-run dance group. I love good food, good company, and good GS stories, and look forward to sharing all three with you in the coming semesters!
My name is Reema Danaf and I am a rising senior in the Dual BA Program Between Columbia University and Sciences Po. I’m currently in my second year at GS, and am majoring in Political Science with a concentration in Women’s and Gender Studies. I was born in Toronto and raised in New Hampshire before spending two years in France at Sciences Po. I’m now incredibly happy to be living in New York, my favorite city! I look forward to serving as a Resident Advisor for GS this year and cannot wait to see all the excitement that this year holds!
My name is Yasmeen Ibrahim and I am one of the GS Resident Advisors for the 2018-2019 academic year. This is my second year as an RA and my third year at GS, studying psychology and business management. I was born and raised in Cairo, Egypt, then moved to Washington, D.C. where I worked as a professional hair and makeup artist for over 10 years. I enjoy living a very social and active lifestyle with family, friends, and fellow GSers, and love to explore different neighborhoods in NYC. I look forward to meeting and helping you in any way possible this coming year!