October and February Grads
October and February Grads
Caps and gowns are available for purchase in the Columbia University Bookstore in the basement of Lerner beginning in March and until GS Class Day. No pre-ordering is necessary. See Academic Regalia for more specific information.
Tickets for University Commencement
Online registration is required for graduating students and tickets are required for guests who wish to attend University Commencement. Please follow this link to register to participate in the ceremony and request guest tickets.
Important Ticket Details
- Registration is open to all eligible October 2014, February 2015, May 2015, and October 2015 degree candidates.
- Online registration is required only for students who plan on attending the University Commencement ceremony. Students who do not plan on attending the Commencement ceremony need not register.
- Undergraduate students will be allowed to request up to four (4) tickets for their guests. (We are not able to offer a lottery for additional tickets).
- Students are encouraged to carefully consider how many guest tickets they will need prior to logging into the system. Students will have only one opportunity to register and request tickets through this system. After logging out, students will not be able to log back in to change their reservation or the amount of tickets requested. Students will, however, be able to log back in to view their registration and ticket request, or print or email their electronic tickets.
- Commencement tickets will be electronic tickets and will be available to students upon completion of registration. Students should only choose one option to receive their tickets (printing them or sending electronically) to distribute to their guests. Each ticket has a unique QR code that can only be scanned once. Choosing and distributing tickets via both options will only cause confusion for guests when they reach the guest entrance. Please make sure that each guest has one ticket which contains a unique QR code. Tickets are non-transferrable and should not be copied. Only the first guest arriving with that unique ticket will be allowed entry to the ceremony. Any additional copies of the same ticket will be turned away at the gates.
- The selling or buying of University Commencement tickets is strictly prohibited. Please be cautious of offers to sell or buy Commencement tickets. Tickets hold no official resale value and may be an unauthorized copy, therefore deemed unusable and denied on University Commencement day. Commencement tickets are solely for the purpose of allowing the friends and relatives of graduating students to attend the ceremony. All unwanted tickets should be returned to the respective school if a graduate or guest(s) no longer plan to attend University Commencement.
- Students are asked to be kind to their fellow classmates and only register for the amount of guest tickets that they intend to use.
- Students should be sure to give their tickets to their guests prior to entering campus on Commencement Day, as it will be nearly impossible to navigate from upper (procession area) to lower (guest seating area) campus on the day of the event.
Diplomas for February and October grads will be mailed to the address on file in SSOL up to two months after the conferral date.