GS Student Life provides leadership development opportunities in the areas of campus engagement, academic achievement, and non-University-related roles. We aim to develop within our students an appreciation for diverse experiences, opinions, and styles of leadership.
Keeping in mind the vibrant and varied experiences of GS students, GS Student Life strives to achieve these goals by:
- Facilitating the monthly interactive Voices in Leadership workshop series
- Connecting students with leadership opportunities and retreats across campus
- Coordinating the GS Mentors Program
- Supporting students in their various student leader positions
- Providing resources, such as videos, articles, books, and online activities
- Become involved through GS Student Life
- Join a mentorship program at GS as a mentor or mentee
- Become a GS Peer Advisor
- Apply to be a Tutor through the GS Academic Resource Center
- Explore specific opportunites for GS Postbac Premed students
Voices in Leadership
This monthly workshop series aims to provide leadership skill sbuilding for students to achieve goals in the areas of campus engagement, academic achievement, and non-university related roles.
Leadership through Service
Join GS Student Life for off campus community service and engagement opportunities in New York City.
Women & Femme of Center Leadership Lunches
We invite students who self-identify as women and femme of center to:
- Discuss general experiences in your identities as leaders
- Discuss ways in which you can utilize your experiences to frame your approach to future leadership roles ( GS & beyond)
- Share resources that have proven helpful
- Develop a support network among peers and administrators
10 Communication Secrets of Great Leaders; Forbes.com; April 4, 2012
"It is the ability to develop a keen external awareness that separates the truly great communicators from those who muddle through their interactions with others."
What it takes to be a great leader; TED.com; October 2013
"So what makes a great leader in the 21st century? I've met many, and they stand out. They are women and men who are preparing themselves not for the comfortable predictability of yesterday but also for the realities of today and all of those unknown possibilities of tomorrow."
What is Leadership?; Forbes.com; April 9, 2013
"Leadership has nothing to do with titles."