The School of General Studies is seeking a student to work as a communications assistant, facilitating internal and external communications by providing general support to the professional team that manages the School's integrated marketing communications plan to prospective, admitted, and current students of the School of General Studies, the Postbac Premed Program, the Dual BA Program Between Columbia University and Sciences Po, and the Joint Degree Program Between Columbia University and City University of Hong Kong. This position offers a lot of hands-on communications experience and is a great opportunity for students interested in a career in communications or related fields.
- Updating the GS, Postbac Premed, Dual BA Program, and Joint Degree Program websites
- Posting events, fellowships, and job opportunities both online and for lobby screens
- Writing news stories for websites
- Maintaining a social media calendar
- Monitoring and posting to social media channels
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proofreading skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Familiarity with various types of social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Vimeo
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning, basic HTML a plus
Part-time (15-20 hours per week)
$15 per hour
TBD (Summer/Fall availability preferred)
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students participating in the Federal Work-Study program are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.