GS Students have full access to all of Columbia University's extraordinary resources and our beautiful campus in the heart of New York City. As a small liberal arts college within a large university, GS offers students both the personal attention they need and access to Columbia’s numerous resources. Students are invited to join in many aspects of a traditional college experience through participation in more than 200 student activities and clubs, an in-depth New Student Orientation, social events, and commencement celebrations.
- 13 Graduate and Professional Schools, 3 Undergraduate Schools, 4 Affiliated Institutions
- More than 26,000 Students Enrolled
- 22 Libraries
- More than 70 centers and institutes for specialized research
- 64 Nobel Laureates are affiliated with Columbia
- Art and architecture galleries, theaters
- More than 500 student organizations and volunteer opportunities
- NCAA Division I member, intramural and intercollegiate sports teams
- Countless cultural offerings on and off-campus
- Full-time students are eligible for University housing
Contact a Student
Prospective students who would like to learn more about campus life at the School of General Studies are encouraged to connect with a current student who will answer questions and provide details about what it is like to be a GS student.