The Dual BA Program between Trinity College Dublin and Columbia University provides students with an education where their passions truly resonate. The unique combination of Trinity's in-depth, focused curriculum combined with Columbia's core curriculum and more than 80 fields of study prepares students to become leaders in the humanities, international affairs, politics, and more.
Please see the links to the left to learn more about the application process (including required documentation), financial aid, visiting Columbia for an information session and campus tour, and meeting with our admissions managers around the U.S.
Application Process and Requirements
Applicants to the Dual BA Program apply by January 2 for fall enrollment. The admissions process includes a review of the applicant’s academic history, letters of recommendation, standardized test scores, a personal essay, and an interview conducted in English. Applications will be reviewed by a joint committee featuring admissions representatives from both Columbia and Trinity.
European students applying to the Dual BA Program must also apply to Trinity College Dublin through the Central Applications Office (CAO) by February 1. For more information, please visit: http://www.cao.ie.
Simultaneously Applying to Other Undergraduate Colleges within Columbia University
Students may not apply simultaneously to the Dual BA Program and other undergraduate schools or programs, including other international dual degree programs, at Columbia University (Columbia-Sciences Po Dual BA Program, Columbia College [CC] or The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science [SEAS]). Nor are candidates eligible to apply to the School of General Studies, including the Dual BA Program, if in the last three years if they applied to any of these divisions and were not accepted.
Applying to the Dual BA Program
A complete application for the Dual BA Program between Trinity College Dublin and Columbia University includes all of the following:
- Submission of the online application.
- A PDF version of the application (for reference use only) is available for download.
- Official* high school transcripts, secondary school records, or GED test results.
- Official* transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Official* standardized test scores reported directly to the Dual BA Program by the testing service. Please refer to the Standardized Testing page to review standardized testing requirements.
- Two admissions essays. See the admissions application for essay questions.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers and/or a guidance counselor familiar with your academic career.
- A nonrefundable application fee of $80 in the form of a check or money order payable to Columbia University. Applicants using the online application may use a credit card to pay the $80 fee.
*Official documents are those that arrive in a sealed envelope directly from the institution or testing service.
- Applicants will receive an update on their application status in late February-early March. Those invited for an interview will be prompted to schedule a time to meet with the admissions committee either in person or via teleconference in New York or Dublin.
- Interviews are typically 30 minutes in length and are conducted by a joint interview panel comprised of representatives from both Columbia and Trinity.
- Interviews are scheduled on a case-by-case basis by the admissions committee; it is not possible for applicants to request an interview independent of the committee’s invitation.
Application materials should be sent to the following address:
Dual BA Program between Trinity College Dublin and Columbia University
School of General Studies, Office of Admissions
408 Lewisohn Hall, MC 4101
New York, NY 10027
Tel: +1 (212) 854-2772
Fax: +1 (212) 854-6316