Several Sciences Po students are admitted to the Dual BA Program through the Direct application process each year. The admissions process includes a review of the applicant’s academic history, letter of recommendation, standardized test scores, and a personal essay. Applications will be reviewed by a joint committee featuring admissions representatives from both Columbia University and Sciences Po.
In applying for the Dual BA Program through the Direct process, students are agreeing that enrollment in this program takes priority over the possibility of participating in the traditional third-year exchange program.
- All Dual BA Direct Program applicants must also complete an application for the traditional third-year exchange program.
- Students not currently enrolled in a Sciences Po undergraduate program are not eligible for the Direct application process and must apply through the first-year application process.
November 3, 2017, 12 p.m. CET
Applying to the Dual BA Program through the Direct Process
A complete application for the Dual BA Direct Program Between Columbia University and Sciences Po includes the following:
- The application for admission, to be completed online. Create an account and choose 2018 Sciences Po Direct from the menu. The $80 application fee will be waived for applicants to this program.
- Photocopy of baccalauréat results (or equivalent), accompanied by an English translation. Baccalauréat results should be uploaded to the online application form.
- Photocopy of transcripts from Sciences Po and any other universities attended, accompanied by an English translation. Transcripts must reflect grades earned, as well as the number of units/credits awarded for each course taken. All university transcripts should be uploaded to the online application form.
- Photocopy of TOEFL IBT results (minimum score of 100) or IELTS results (minimum overall score of 7; subscores are not important).
- Photocopy of SAT or ACT scores, if applicable.
- CV in English
- Tell us about your educational history, work experience, present situation, and plans for the future. Please make sure to address why you have chosen to pursue the Dual BA Program Between Columbia University and Sciences Po, and what you believe you can bring to the Program. Successful essays should not only identify and describe elements of the Program—academic or otherwise—that meet your needs as a student, but should also explain why this partner program is the right program for you.
- One letter of recommendation from a Sciences Po professor (not a language instructor). The letter will be uploaded directly to the online application system by the professor. Letters written in French should be accompanied by an English translation.
Applying for Financial Aid for the Dual BA Direct Program
Applicants for Fall 2018 admission who wish to request scholarship funding from Columbia University must submit the following documents alongside their admissions documents by the application deadline noted above:
- Dual BA Direct Program Application for Financial Aid
International Student Financial Aid Supplement (for non-American citizens)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (for American citizens and Permanent Residents)
- Unlike the Application for Admission, you may not save your financial aid application and return to it at a future time.
- Anywhere it requests information regarding currency, please input in U.S. currency.
- The Columbia University FAFSA code is 002707.
The final question of the scholarship application is an optional brief statement. Because it is not possible for students to save their work and return to the application at a later time, we suggest composing the brief statement in a word processing program before beginning the application.