The GS Resident Advisors (RAs) provide support to all GS students living in University Apartment Housing. RAs help facilitate a positive living and academic environment through the following initiatives:
- Serving as a peer resource for residents
- Developing a sense of community among residents
- Building relationships with the residents in the community
- Assisting residents in developing relationships with each other
- Educating residents on the policies and procedures of GS Housing and University Apartment Housing (UAH)
- Holding residents accountable for their behavior
- Promoting student involvement in University activities
- Helping to facilitate an environment that fosters academic success
- Providing helping skills for residents in need
Meet the Resident Advisors
As your RAs, we are your resource to help manage housing concerns like roommate issues and facilities questions, as well as to help you better navigate Columbia and New York City. Please feel free to send us an email to learn more about monthly resident events or just to say hi.
My name is Yasmeen Ibrahim and I am one of the GS Resident Advisors for the 2017-2018 academic year. I am currently in my second year at GS, studying psychology and business management. I was born and raised in Cairo, Egypt, then moved to Washington D.C. where I worked as a professional hair and makeup artist for over ten years. I enjoy living a very social and active lifestyle with family, friends, and fellow GSers, and love to explore different neighborhoods in NYC. I look forward to meeting and serving you in any way possible this coming year!