Monday, August 26, 2013
Alfred Lerner Hall
114th Street and Broadway
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all entering GS students. Orientation Day and Extended Orientation Week provide an introduction to the stimulating intellectual and social environment at Columbia, as well as the abundant resources available at GS and the University. One of the primary goals of Orientation is to help you navigate the University environment and meet fellow incoming GS students.
New Student Orientation is designed to:
- familiarize you with the standards of the University and principles of our academic community;
- present you with tips and key information that will make your first days at Columbia, and your transition to GS, go smoothly;
- introduce you to advisors and important resources critical to your personal and academic success at Columbia;
- provide you with the opportunity to meet other GS students, new as well as continuing, many of whom will become part of your network of support while at Columbia;
- acquaint you with the history and traditions of GS within the context of Columbia’s history;
- help you navigate the Columbia campus and identify the many resources available to you;
- share with you a portrait of the incoming class in all its diversity and richness as you are welcomed into the vibrant GS community.
For questions regarding Orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.